2014 My New Year’s Goals
I’ve never been a maker of New Year’s Resolutions but for 2014, I’m going to give it a go. I want to track and remind myself what I need to accomplish at the end of year… as I’m growing older and it’s easy now for me to forget things. It makes sense to me to call it ‘goals’. Together with aspirations and plans, goals should make it easier for me to focus my energy and resources… like a Pro nerd Starcraft 2 micromanager god! Ideally, this should allow me to say, with conviction, that I’ve had a satisfying and successful year.
- Achieve TEQ 2 by July
- Work on TEQ 1 by the end of the Year
- Complete Rock Training Leader Adv Trg course
- Complete my Ph1 Series (4 more to go)
- Aim to post at least 1 blog post a week
- Sort out my InterRail videos from 2011 (Geez, that’s LONG overdue!)
- Go to Croatia for rock climbing
- Visit at least 3 different UK cities other than ones I’ve been to previously
- Get a driving licence – ACHIEVED 30 JAN 2014
- Get a car before my birthday – ACHIEVED 25 FEB 2014
- Put on weight (be at least 65kg by July, and 70kg by December!)
- Get back to sub 10 minute mile and half run – ACHIEVED FEB 2014 (09:59)
I’m sure there are other things that I want to achieve but I believe these are the important ones, right now.
With sheer determination and a bit of luck, these tick boxes should all be ticked!